Philadelphia Car Accident Lawyer
If you were injured in a car crash in Philadelphia due to someone’s reckless or wrongful behavior, your top priority must be to focus on your physical and mental healing process.
In the tragic event that you lost a loved one in a car accident, you are likely more concerned with mourning the loss and comforting your relatives than figuring out how you’ll recover financially.
The Levin Injury Firm’s knowledgeable and compassionate Philadelphia car accident attorneys are here to help.
We are experienced in managing the insurance and legal processes for those who have been injured by negligence, and you may be eligible for a substantial sum of money if you act quickly and cautiously.
Car accidents can impose many financial strains and administrative difficulties, but you don’t have to face them alone — let us take the legal weight off your shoulders and help you on your journey to recovery and compensation.
Our Philadelphia Car Accident Lawyers Are Here to Help
Why Choose Us For Your Car Accident Injury in Philadelphia?
After a serious car accident in Philadelphia, you may not know where to turn for help. At The Levin Firm, our Philadelphia car accident lawyers want to be the first – and only call you ever need to make.
Why? Because we have the experience and resources needed to tackle your case!
We aim to ensure you are fully compensated for your losses after a serious Philadelphia car accident. We focus on our clients and their unique situations to achieve successful outcomes.
A member of our award-winning team of attorneys will meet personally with you to handle your car accident case from the start.
Our track record of success speaks for itself. We have a history of securing multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts for our injured Philadelphia car accident clients.
But don’t take our word for it! Look at what our past clients have to say about our law firm.
Easily Located in Center City, Philadelphia
If you suffered an injury in a car accident anywhere in Philadelphia, you owe it to yourself to explore your legal options.
To better assist you, our Philadelphia car accident lawyers can meet with you in our office, at your home, or anywhere convenient. We can even meet with you virtually to advise you on your auto accident injury.
Our office is conveniently located at 1500 John F. Kennedy Blvd at Two Penn Center. We are in the heart of downtown Philadelphia, just across the street from JFK Plaza and around the corner from City Hall.
If you are taking public transportation to our office, you can exit at the 15th St. Trolley Station, the Suburban Station, or the City Hall Subway Station.
Call us today at (215) 825-5183 or toll-free at (877) 825-8542, or contact or chat with us online to schedule a free consultation with a member of our team.
Interested in Learning More?
Checklist For What to Do After a Philadelphia Car Accident
If you are interested in learning more about your legal rights and options after a car accident, we invite you to come for a free consultation as soon as possible.
Many injured accident victims ask us what they can do to help their case even before they come into our offices.
To better assist you, we’ve compiled a checklist of things you can do after a Philadelphia car accident.
- Obtain copies of your medical records
- Obtain a copy of the police report
- Keep a recovery journal with detailed information
- Keep all receipts and medical expenses
- Attend all therapy sessions and doctor’s appointments
- Follow your physician’s treatment plan precisely
- Call your insurance company
- Do not give a recorded statement to insurers
- Do not get the car repaired quickly, as it is valuable evidence
- Gather any additional evidence or information that may help your case
- Stay off social media
- Never admit fault
How Can Our Philadelphia Car Accident Lawyers Help?
Our car accident attorneys have a wide breadth of knowledge when it comes to the roads, courts, and insurance companies in Pennsylvania.
With each successful case, we have gained valuable insight, which we use to assist our clients in getting the compensation they are due.
Motor vehicle accidents can strip away your financial security and cause long-term consequences. The Levin Firm is available to assist car accident victims by fighting for the compensation they deserve.
Our experienced Philadelphia car accident attorneys are here to provide support to those suffering from the loss of a loved one or significant injuries from a car accident.
How can we help?
Our lawyers listen to you.
The Levin Firm’s experienced team will get to know you and your family personally to determine how we can maximize the compensation you receive.
We will listen to your story and goals for seeking legal advice to help you regain what you lost due to the car accident.
Our attorneys will investigate your case.
Our experienced lawyers will thoroughly look into the details to determine what took place and who is responsible.
We use our broad resources and legal skill to analyze all aspects of our clients’ car accident incidents. We try to ascertain that we have identified all individuals who could be held liable and seek the maximum allowable compensation under the law.
Our lawyers uncover ALL forms of compensation.
If the person at fault for your accident doesn’t have enough insurance coverage, The Levin Firm can help you look for other ways to seek compensation.
Our team is experienced in finding the parties responsible for your injuries, regardless of how many there may be. We strive to help our clients get the justice they deserve.
Our law firm employs experts.
To better understand the effects of auto accidents, we enlist the help of professionals such as accident reconstructionists and economic analysts.
We also work with economists to calculate the potential loss of future earnings and with medical experts to determine the costs of long-term medical care for those who have sustained serious injuries.
Through these measures, our clients are able to achieve a more comprehensive understanding of the financial implications of their crashes.
Our lawyers negotiate with insurance companies.
Dealing with the insurance company is the last thing you should concern yourself with when you’re recovering from an automobile accident.
At the Levin Firm, our legal team is highly competent in negotiating with insurance companies and defending clients from insurers’ tactics to minimize their payouts.
Our experienced car accident attorneys strive to attain the maximum possible settlement. When possible, we will liaise with insurance adjusters to make sure our clients receive the full amount they are due.
Our attorneys litigate cases in court.
In some car accident cases, a personal injury lawsuit may be the best option to receive the justice you deserve. We are experienced trial lawyers who are ready to represent you in court and present your case to a jury.
How Much is My Philadelphia Car Accident Claim Worth?
No one can guarantee how much a claim is worth before beginning the legal processes that accompany it. However, your compensation could be significant depending on the extent of your injuries and other damages.
At The Levin Firm, we strive to make sure that you don’t have to suffer financially from a car accident that wasn’t your fault.
The amount of compensation you might receive depends on the specifics of the incident, and while it can range from millions of dollars to tens of thousands, our goal is to secure you the maximum amount possible.
- The severity of your injuries
- Your age and health condition at the time of the accident
- Your life circumstances, such as whether you:
- Had a job or career
- Supported or cared for family members
- Were active in the community
- How the accident happened and who was at fault
- The potential difficulty and expense of proving your case
- The availability of insurance to cover your losses
At The Levin Firm, we understand that money cannot solve all the problems a car accident creates. It doesn’t bring back loved ones who were taken from us before their time. It doesn’t take away the physical pain of a back injury or the emotional difficulty of brain damage.
However, money can help you and your family find stability after the tragedy. A monetary settlement can eliminate the mountains of bills that pile up, and it can pay for medical treatments and services that give you a chance to adjust to a “new normal.”
What Types of Damages Can I Recover From a Philadelphia Car Accident?
Helping Philadelphia Car Accident Victims Seek the Compensation They Deserve
After a car accident in Philadelphia, you need a law firm on your side that can help you recover damages. The term “damages” refers to the victims’ losses. Compensation is available for these losses, either through a settlement or a judgment.
Recovering damages after a car accident requires proving fault and establishing the losses you suffered. A Philadelphia car accident attorney can help you prove your case and obtain maximum compensation after a car crash.
The damages available in Pennsylvania civil courts include:
- Medical bills. This includes recovery for your past and future medical bills. Rehabilitation expenses, surgeries, treatment, doctor’s office visits, and disability costs are some of the damages you can recover.
- Lost wages. An accident may cause you to miss valuable time at work. This can directly impact your ability to earn a living and pay your living expenses. Any settlement or judgment you receive should reimburse you for lost income.
- Loss of future earnings. When your injuries result in a disability or long-term damage, you may not be able to work in your chosen profession. You can request payment for lost future earnings if you suffered a disability after a Philadelphia car accident.
- Property damage. Car accidents often cause significant property damage. This can include damage to your car and other personal belongings in the vehicle, such as cell phones, laptops, and car seats. You could recover the full value of your car before the accident if your crash resulted in a complete loss.
- Pain and suffering. This is one type of non-economic damage you can seek. Non-economic damages cover losses that are more difficult to quantify, including pain, suffering, and emotional distress.
- Punitive damages. Sometimes, a judge will order punitive damages. These types of damages are rare, but they seek to punish the negligent driver for their actions.
Pennsylvania operates under modified comparative negligence law. This means that if the other driver tries to place some of the blame for the accident on you, it may make it difficult to recover full damages.
A Philadelphia accident attorney will protect you from bogus or exaggerated claims about your liability and recover all of the compensation you need and deserve.
In addition, there can be caps on the amount of compensation you can obtain. Our Pennsylvania car accident lawyers will review your case and help you determine how much you could receive if you file a Pennsylvania car accident lawsuit.
Who Is to Blame For My Philadelphia Car Accident?
As lawyers who represent victims of Philadelphia car accidents, we spend a lot of time and energy thinking about fault, and for good reason.
In Pennsylvania, who was at fault in a motor vehicle accident determines who owes damages to the victim and how much the victim should recover. As such, we focus on identifying who was at fault in a car accident as soon as possible.
It All Usually Comes Down to Negligence
In the most basic sense, the person at fault for an accident is the one whose actions caused it to happen.
Under Pennsylvania law, the person or entity at fault for an accident will be on the hook for paying damages to those injured only if their actions were wrongful.
Most of the time, people don’t try to cause a car accident. (Obviously, if they do, they’ll be held liable.) Instead, legal liability for a car accident usually boils down to whether the person or entity at fault acted negligently in causing a motor vehicle accident.
To prove someone was negligent in a car accident claim in Pennsylvania, you must prove 4 key elements:
- There existed a duty of care to drive or act reasonably
- The duty was breached by acting in a way that was unreasonable
- The unreasonable behavior caused the accident
- The auto accident victim suffered harm as a result of the accident
All drivers in Pennsylvania owe a duty of care to everyone on the road, including other drivers, bicyclists, and pedestrians.
That duty requires drivers to operate their vehicles in a reasonably safe manner which should prevent accidents and injuries to others.
In Pennsylvania, every driver must follow traffic laws and regulations. These laws provide guidelines for what constitutes that duty of care.
When a driver breaks those rules and gets into an accident, that violation is evidence that he or she was “negligent” behind the wheel.
Our Philadelphia Car Accident Lawyers Can Find All Responsible Parties
As soon as we are hired, an experienced Philadelphia car accident lawyer at The Levin Firm will identify all the liable parties responsible for the accident and our client’s injuries.
In motor vehicle collisions, there may be more than one responsible party. Your attorney will identify them to provide you with the best chance of obtaining maximum compensation.
Parties who may be entirely or partially at fault for your accident include:
- Companies or other entities can be responsible for accidents due to their influence over a driver’s control of their vehicle. For instance, when a shipping company does not properly secure the cargo in a tractor-trailer, the vehicle is in danger of overturning. Similarly, a government agency responsible for designing or maintaining roads could act negligently by poorly building a road or leaving it in such a condition that an accident is more likely to occur.
- Manufacturers can be liable if an auto part or vehicle they produced is faulty and a car accident occurs. A product can be defective if it has a design defect, has a manufacturing defect, or does not come with a suitable warning. If someone is injured or dies in an automobile that was not crashworthy, then the car manufacturer can be held liable according to Pennsylvania law.
- A bar or tavern that served a drunk driver. Under Pennsylvania’s Dram Shop Law, a bar or restaurant can be held legally liable for damages a drunk driver causes in an accident. It is illegal for a restaurant or bar in Pennsylvania to sell alcohol to someone who is “visibly intoxicated.” If the visibly intoxicated person gets into an accident on the way home, the restaurant or bar runs the risk of being liable to the drunk driver’s victims. To prove liability under the Dram Shop Law, the victim needs only show the bar or restaurant sold the driver alcohol when the person was visibly intoxicated, and caused the accident.
The Importance in Proving Fault in an Accident
Lawyers who represent victims of car accidents spend a lot of time and energy thinking about fault, and for good reason. Under Pennsylvania law, who was at fault in a motor vehicle accident determines who owes damages to the victim and how much the victim should recover. An experienced car accident attorney will usually focus on identifying who was at fault in a car accident as soon as possible.
Where Do Philadelphia Car Accidents Occur?
In one recent year, more than 28,000 people were involved in crashes in Philadelphia alone.
Nearly 100 lost their lives in those crashes, and an additional 11,000 suffered an injury.
In 55 percent of those accidents, aggressive driving was a factor.
Distracted driving, speeding, and drunk driving all play a role in making the streets of Philadelphia dangerous.
Where do Philadelphia car accidents occur most?
According to recent data, some of the most dangerous streets and intersections in Philly include:
- Street Road
- Delaware Expressway
- Route 1
- Roosevelt Boulevard
- Schuylkill Expressway
- Rt 611
- Broad Street
- Easton Road
- Old York Road
At The Levin Firm, our Philadelphia car accident lawyers are proud to represent injured accident victims and families throughout Philadelphia. Some of the communities we serve include:
Strawberry Mansion, Allegheny West, North Philadelphia, West Philadelphia, Lanning Square, Camden, Pennsauken Township, Cherry Hill, Port Richmond, Fairmount Park, Germantown, Kinsessing, Juniata, South Philadelphia, University City, Oxford, and more.
How Do You Prove Fault After a Philadelphia Car Accident?
Gathering Evidence After a Car Crash
To prove negligence, our lawyers often need to gather independent evidence or show the other driver was at fault.
For example, it may not be enough for you to testify that you saw the other driver texting just before the accident happened.
Instead, our Philadelphia car accident lawyers will need to gather real, tangible evidence.
This may include the other driver’s cellphone records to show the exact moment the driver sent or received a text.
We may also need to track down other witnesses who saw the driver texting.
Our experienced auto accident lawyer understands the kind of evidence necessary in Philadelphia courts to demonstrate that the other driver’s negligent actions caused an accident.
Some types of evidence that may be used in a Philadelphia car accident claim include:
- Photos from the crash scene showing the positioning of the vehicles, skid marks, damage, traffic signals, etc.
- Statements from witnesses
- Surveillance video from traffic cameras or nearby businesses
- Driving records
- Cellphone records
- Analysis from accident reconstruction experts
What Are the Common Causes of Car Accidents in Philadelphia?
In Philadelphia, there are many causes of car accidents. One of the most common reasons car accidents occur is because of driver negligence. Drivers who are irresponsible behind the wheel may engage in a variety of risky driving behaviors, including:
- Driving while intoxicated by drugs or alcohol (DUI)
- Driving distracted
- Driving aggressively or unpredictably
- Failing to obey traffic signals
- Drowsy driving
- Driving without a license
- Road Rage
In some cases, defective auto parts can cause serious accidents. Defective tires, steering components, and transmissions can cause devastating accidents with little warning. These cases are different from typical car accident cases because they involve product liability laws.
Contact Our Philadelphia Car Accident Lawyers Today!
The Levin Firm represents clients injured in car accidents and the families of those tragically killed in car accidents.
We are a full-service personal injury law firm. From the moment a client walks through our doors, our goal is to serve the client’s needs by recovering the maximum possible compensation for their injuries and losses.
Every representation starts with our team getting to know all about our clients and their auto accident.
Call our Philadelphia auto accident attorneys today at (215) 825-5183 or toll-free at (877) 825-8542, or contact or chat with us online to schedule a free consultation with a member of our team and discuss whether we can help you recover the compensation you deserve.