Philadelphia Car Accident Lawyer
If you suffered a severe injury in a Philadelphia car accident that wasn’t your fault, your main concern should always be recovering your physical and mental health. If an accident has tragically taken a loved one from you because of someone else’s negligence or wrongful actions, your priority may be grieving for your loss and comforting your family.
Trying to recover after an auto accident can seem impossible and overwhelming. That’s why the caring and experienced Philadelphia car accidents lawyers at The Levin Injury Firm are here to help. You may be entitled to significant amounts of compensation if you act quickly and carefully.
You should never have to worry about how you will manage financially or deal with the legal and administrative burdens that a car accident has forced on your shoulders. The Levin Firm’s top priority is to carry that heavy load for you. We deal with insurance adjusters and the legal process for our Philadelphia car accident victims and their families.
Our Philadelphia car accident lawyers know that your time is better spent focusing on your personal recovery and on putting your life back together again. Let us shoulder the legal burdens for you.
Our Philadelphia Car Accident Lawyers Are Here to Help
Why Choose Us?
After a serious car accident in Philadelphia, you may not know where to turn for help. At The Levin Firm, our Philadelphia car accident lawyers want to be the first – and only – call you ever need to make. Why? Because we have the experience and resources needed to tackle your case!
Our goal is to make sure you are fully compensated for your losses after a serious Philadelphia car accident. We focus on our clients and on their unique situations to achieve successful outcomes. A member of our award-winning team of attorneys will meet personally with you to handle your case from the start.
Our track record of success speaks for itself. We have a history of securing multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts for our injured Philadelphia car accident clients. But don’t take our word for it! Look at what our past clients have to say about our law firm.
Easily Located in Center City, Philadelphia
If you suffered an injury in a car accident anywhere in Philadelphia, you owe it to yourself to explore your legal options. To better assist you, our Philadelphia car accident lawyers can meet with you in our office, at your home, or anywhere that is convenient for you. We can even meet with you virtually during this time. Our office is conveniently located at 1500 John F. Kennedy Blvd at Two Penn Center. We are in the heart of downtown Philadelphia just across the street from JFK Plaza and around the corner from City Hall. If you are taking public transportation to our office, you can exit at the 15th St. Trolley Station, the Suburban Station, or the City Hall Subway Station.
Call us today at (215) 825-5183 or toll-free at (877) 825-8542, or contact or chat with us online, to schedule a free consultation with a member of our team.
Interested in Learning More?
Checklist For What to Do After a Philadelphia Car Accident
If you are interested in learning more about your legal rights and options after a car accident, we invite you to come to a FREE consultation as soon as possible. Many injured accident victims ask us what they can do to help their case even before they come into our offices. To better assist you, we’ve compiled a checklist of things you can do after a Philadelphia car accident (link to What to do after a car accident blog).
- Obtain copies of your medical records
- Obtain a copy of the police report
- Keep a recovery journal with detailed information
- Keep all receipts and medical expenses
- Attend all therapy sessions and doctors appointments
- Follow your physician’s treatment plan precisely
- Call your insurance company
- Do not give a recorded statement to insurers
- Do not get the car repaired quickly as it is valuable evidence
- Gather any additional evidence or information that may help your case
- Stay off social media
- Never admit fault
How Can Our Philadelphia Car Accident Lawyers Help?
Our car accident lawyers have seen it all on Pennsylvania roads. We know the most dangerous roads and intersections in the city, the courts and judges who might be a part of your case, and the insurance companies you need to work with. Each case has taught us something new and we use this experience to help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
Car accidents cause more than just physical and emotional pain. They also rob individuals and families of much-needed income while burdening them with unexpected expenses. A Philadelphia car accident lawyer at The Levin Firm can help victims of Philadelphia car accidents demand compensation to help make up for those lost wages and pay for medical and other bills that pile up.
When traffic accidents leave Philadelphia-area residents mourning a loved one or struggling to recover from debilitating injuries, the skilled attorneys at The Levin Firm are here to lend them support.
How can we help?
Our lawyers listen to you.
To identify the maximum compensation you should receive, the experienced team at The Levin Firm will get to know you and your family on a personal level. We want to learn about your life before and after the car accident. We listen to you and what you hope to achieve by seeking legal advice. Then, we aim to help you meet the needs you feel are most important to recovering from losses and injuries.
Our attorneys investigate your case.
Our skilled legal team will investigate the facts in detail to identify exactly what happened and who is to blame. We use our extensive resources and deep base of legal knowledge to investigate all of the circumstances surrounding our clients’ accidents. We aim to ensure that we have identified all of the parties from whom they may be entitled to recover damages, and we seek the maximum compensation allowable under the law.
Our lawyers uncover ALL forms of compensation.
Sometimes, the driver who caused the accident and your injuries does not have adequate insurance. When this occurs, the team at The Levin Firm also knows what it takes to seek compensation from your own insurance company for an uninsured or underinsured claim. If you lack that insurance coverage, we also know how to uncover other potential sources of recovery. We understand that many accidents do not have only one cause, and we work hard to identify parties whose negligent, reckless, or intentionally harmful actions led to our client’s suffering.
Our law firm employs experts.
We frequently employ expert analysis or the services of accident reconstruction specialists to help guide our investigation. We also know how to uncover other potential sources of recovery for our clients. We often work with experts to better calculate the financial impact of a car accident on your life. In the past, we have worked with economists who can calculate the loss of future income. We have also sought the assistance of medical experts to estimate the future costs of care and therapy for victims whose injuries caused permanent disabilities.
Our lawyers negotiate with insurance companies.
We begin by communicating with insurance companies on your behalf. At The Levin Firm, our qualified lawyers are skilled negotiators who understand how to argue for the maximum possible insurance settlement. We know how to protect clients against the techniques insurance adjusters may use to shift blame to save the insurance company money. If possible, we will work with insurance adjusters (link to dealing with insurance company blog) to recover the full amount of compensation you deserve.
Our attorneys litigate cases in court.
Although many cases can be resolved out of court via a car accident settlement, sometimes the best course of action is to take a claim to court and let a judge and jury decide. We are trial lawyers through and through and are always prepared to argue your case to a jury if necessary.
How Much is My Philadelphia Car Accident Claim Worth?
There is no single answer to how much a car accident case is worth. Every Philadelphia car accident is different.
At The Levin Firm, we aim to help you recover the maximum amount of compensation to which you may be entitled. In some cases, that can total millions of dollars. In others, it may be tens of thousands.
Whatever your circumstances, our goal is to ensure that you are not left to suffer financially from a car accident that was not your fault. The amount of damages you may be entitled to recover will depend on:
- The severity of your injuries
- Your age and health condition at the time of the accident
- Your life circumstances, such as whether you:
- Had a job or career
- Supported or cared for family members
- Was active in the community
- How the accident happened and who was at fault
- The potential difficulty and expense of proving your case
- The availability of insurance to cover your losses
At The Levin Firm, we understand that money cannot solve all of the problems that a car accident creates. It doesn’t bring back loved ones who were taken from us before their time. It doesn’t take away the physical pain of a back injury or the emotional difficulty of brain damage. However, money can help you and your family find stability after the tragedy. It can eliminate the mountains of bills that pile up, and it can pay for medical treatments and services that give you a chance to adjust to a “new normal.”
What Types of Damages Can I Recover From a Philadelphia Car Accident?
Helping Philadelphia Car Accident Victims Seek the Compensation They Deserve
After a car accident in Philadelphia, you need a law firm on your side that can help you recover damages. The term “damages” refers to the victims’ losses. Compensation is available for these losses either through a settlement or a judgment. Recovering damages after a car accident (link to Recovering Damages After a Car Accident blog) requires proving fault and establishing the losses you suffered. Our attorneys can help you prove your case and obtain maximum compensation after a Philadelphia car crash.
The damages available in Pennsylvania civil courts include:
- Medical bills. This includes recovery for your past and future medical bills. Rehabilitation expenses, surgeries, treatment, doctor’s office visits, and disability costs are some of the damages you can recover.
- Lost wages. An accident may cause you to miss valuable time at work. This can directly impact your ability to earn a living and pay your living expenses. Any settlement or judgment you receive should reimburse you for lost wages.
- Loss of future earnings. When your injuries result in a disability or long-term damage, you may not be able to work in your chosen profession. You can request payment for lost future earnings if you suffered a disability after a Philadelphia car accident.
- Property damage. Car accidents often cause significant property damage. This can include damage to your car, as well as other personal belongings in the vehicle, such as cell phones, laptops, and car seats. You could recover the full value of your car before the accident if your crash resulted in a complete loss.
- Pain and suffering. This is one type of non-economic damages you can seek. This covers losses that are more difficult to quantify and include pain and suffering and emotional distress.
- Punitive damages. Sometimes, a judge will order punitive damages. These types of damages are rare, but they seek to punish the negligent car driver for their actions.
Pennsylvania operates under modified comparative negligence law. This means that if you are more than 50% to blame for the accident, you cannot seek to recover damages. If you are found to share liability for the crash, your damages will be reduced by your percentage of fault.
There are sometimes caps to the amount of compensation you can obtain. Our Pennsylvania car accident lawyers will review your case and help you determine how much you could receive if you file a Pennsylvania car accident lawsuit.
Where Do Philadelphia Car Accidents Occur?
In one recent year, more than 28,000 people were involved in crashes in Philadelphia alone. Nearly 100 lost their lives in those crashes and an additional 11,000 suffered an injury. In 55 percent of those accidents, aggressive driving was a factor. Distracted driving, speeding, and drunk driving all play a role in making the streets of Philadelphia dangerous.
Where do Philadelphia car accidents occur most?
According to recent data, some of the most dangerous streets and intersections in Philly include:
- Street Road
- Delaware Expressway
- Route 1
- Roosevelt Boulevard
- Schuylkill Expressway
- Rt 611
- Broad Street
- Easton Road
- Old York Road
At The Levin Firm, our Philadelphia car accident lawyers are proud to represent injured accident victims and families throughout Philadelphia. Some of the communities we serve include Strawberry Mansion, Allegheny West, North Philadelphia, West Philadelphia, Lanning Square, Camden, Pennsauken Township, Cherry Hill, Port Richmond, Fairmount Park, Germantown, Kinsessing, Juniata, South Philadelphia, University City, Oxford, and more.
Who Is to Blame For My Philadelphia Car Accident?
As lawyers who represent victims of Philadelphia car accidents, we spend a lot of time and energy thinking about fault, and for good reason. Under Pennsylvania law, who was at fault in a motor vehicle accident determines who owes damages to the victim and how much the victim should recover. As such, we focus on identifying who was at fault in a car accident as soon as possible.
It All Usually Comes Down to Negligence
In the most basic sense, the person at fault for an accident is the one whose actions caused it to happen.
Under Pennsylvania law, the person or entity at fault for an accident will be on the hook for paying damages to those injured only if that person or entity’s actions were wrongful. Now, most of the time, people don’t try to cause a car accident. (Obviously, if they do, they’ll be held liable.) Instead, legal liability for a car accident usually boils down to whether the person or entity at fault acted negligently in causing a motor vehicle accident.
Though most people have heard lawyers use the word negligent, many may not fully understand what the term means.
To prove someone was negligent in their actions, under Pennsylvania law, you must prove 4 key elements:
- Had a duty of care to behave or act responsibly
- Breached that duty of care by acting in a way that a reasonable person would expect to cause the victim harm
- Harmed the victim through those actions
- Caused the victim to suffer damages as a result of that harm
All drivers on Pennsylvania roads owe a duty of care to everyone else on the road, including other drivers, bicyclists, and pedestrians. That duty requires drivers to operate their vehicles in a reasonably safe manner that will avoid accidents and injuries to others.
In Philadelphia and across the state, every driver must follow specific laws and regulations. These laws provide guidelines for what constitutes that duty of care. When a driver breaks those rules and gets into an accident, that violation is evidence that he or she was “negligent” behind the wheel.
Our Philadelphia Car Accident Lawyer Can Find All Responsible Parties
At the beginning of a legal representation, an experienced Philadelphia car accident lawyer at The Levin Firm will identify all of the people or entities whose actions may have caused the accident and the client’s injuries.
Of course, “the other driver” isn’t always the only person or entity that might have acted in a way that caused a motor vehicle accident. Other parties may share the blame or may be responsible for the crash entirely.
The more potential “defendants” a lawyer can find, the more options the client may have to recover compensation.
Examples of other “at fault” parties include:
- Companies or other entities. An accident could be caused by someone who influenced a driver’s control over his vehicle, such as when a shipping company fails to balance the load in a tractor-trailer, putting it at risk of tipping over.
- Auto part and auto manufacturers. Manufacturers of cars and car parts may be held strictly liable if they sell a defective product that fails and causes an accident. A product can be considered “defective” in its design, in how it was manufactured, or if it doesn’t come with warnings about how it should be used. When any one of these defects exists and causes an accident, under Pennsylvania law it may not matter if the manufacturer was negligent in allowing that defect to occur.
- A government entity that was responsible for maintaining the road. A government agency responsible for designing or maintaining roads could act “negligently” by building a road poorly or leaving it in a condition that makes it likely accidents would happen on it.
- Bar or tavern that served a drunk driver. Under Pennsylvania’s Dram Shop Law, a bar or restaurant can be held legally liable for damages that a drunk driver causes in an accident. It is illegal for a restaurant or bar in Pennsylvania to sell alcohol to someone who is “visibly intoxicated.” If the visibly intoxicated person whom a restaurant or bar sold alcohol to gets into an accident on the way home, the restaurant or bar runs the risk of having liability to the drunk driver’s victims. To prove liability under the Dram Shop Law, the victim need only show the bar or restaurant sold the driver alcohol when the person was “visibly intoxicated,” and this was a cause of the accident.
The Importance in Proving Fault in an Accident
Lawyers who represent victims of car accidents spend a lot of time and energy thinking about fault, and for good reason. Under Pennsylvania law, who was at fault in a motor vehicle accident determines who owes damages to the victim and how much the victim should recover. An experienced car accident attorney will usually focus on identifying who was at fault in a car accident as soon as possible.
How Do You Prove Fault After a Philadelphia Car Accident?
Gathering Evidence After a Car Crash
To prove negligence, our lawyers often need to gather independent evidence to show the other driver was at fault.
For example, it may not be enough for you to testify that you saw the other driver texting just before the accident happened. Instead, our Philadelphia car accident lawyers will need to gather real tangible evidence. This may include the other driver’s cellphone records to show the exact moment the driver sent or received a text. We may also need to track down other witnesses who saw the driver texting.
Our experienced auto accident lawyer understands the kind of evidence necessary in Philadelphia courts to demonstrate that the other driver’s negligent actions caused an accident.
Some types of evidence that may be used in a Philadelphia car accident claim include:
- Photos from the crash scene showing the positioning of the vehicles, skid marks, damage, traffic signals, etc.
- Statements from witnesses
- Surveillance video from traffic cameras or nearby businesses
- Driving records
- Cellphone records
- Analysis from accident reconstruction experts
What Are the Common Causes of Car Accidents in Philadelphia?
In Philadelphia, there are many causes of car accidents (link to top 10 causes of car accidents blog). One of the most common reasons car accidents occur is because of driver negligence. Drivers who are irresponsible behind the wheel may engage in a variety of risky driving behaviors, including:
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol (DUI)
- Driving distracted
- Driving aggressively or unpredictably
- Failing to obey traffic signals
- Drowsy driving
- Driving without a license
- Road Rage
In some cases, defective auto parts can cause a serious accident. Defective tires, steering components, and transmissions can cause devastating accidents with little warning. These cases are different from typical car accident cases because they involve product liability laws.
Contact Our Philadelphia Car Accident Lawyers Today!
The Levin Firm represents clients injured in car accidents and the families of those tragically killed in car accidents. We are a full-service personal injury law firm. From the moment a client walks through our doors, our goal is to serve the client’s needs by recovering the maximum possible compensation for their injuries and losses. Every representation starts with our team getting to know all about our clients and their auto accident. Contact us now for a free consultation.
Call us today at (215) 825-5183 or toll-free at (877) 825-8542, or contact or chat with us online, to schedule a free consultation with a member of our team and discuss whether we can help you recover the compensation you deserve.