Trip & Fall Attorney in Philadelphia
If you have been injured in a trip and fall accident in the Philadelphia area, it’s critical that you secure legal representation as soon as possible. An experienced Philadelphia trip and fall lawyer can protect your rights, collect and preserve evidence, and make sure your injuries are properly treated and documented.
At The Levin Firm, our team of skilled trip and fall attorneys and investigators are ready to get to work on your case. We will work to build the strongest case possible for you on the way to a full settlement or in court, should litigation be required.
Call us today to schedule a free and confidential consultation so we can go over all your legal options.
Common Causes of Trip and Fall Accidents
While trip and fall accidents can occur for many different reasons, they are usually the result of the property owner’s negligence. Common causes of trip and fall accidents include:
- Sidewalks or flooring left in bad condition
- Uneven sidewalks or flooring
- Loose floorboards
- Cluttered walkways
- Exposed wires left on the floor
- Uneven stairs
- Bad lighting making it difficult to see the floor
- Throw rugs
- Torn carpeting
- Parking lot potholes
Trip and fall cases are based on a property owner or occupier failing to maintain their property in a reasonably safe condition. To prove liability, you must be able to determine what caused your trip and fall. If a property owner, occupier, or other responsible party was not negligent, there will likely be no liability, and thus no money damages for your injuries.
The experienced Philadelphia personal injury lawyers at The Levin Firm can identify any liable parties, hold them accountable for their negligence, and fight for the compensation you deserve.
What to Do After a Trip and Fall Accident
If you have suffered a trip and fall, what you do afterward can impact your health and your ability to recover fair compensation for your injuries. Take the following actions after your trip and fall accident:
- Seek medical treatment. Following a trip and fall accident, your health should be your No. 1 priority. If you’ve been injured, it’s critical that you see a physician so that your injuries receive proper treatment and are documented by healthcare providers. Your medical records will be an essential part of your case if you decide to seek compensation for your losses.
- Collect evidence. If you are physically able, gather as much evidence from the scene of the accident as you can. Take plenty of photos of the scene from various distances and angles. Save the clothing and shoes you were wearing and don’t wash them.
- Report the incident. Report your trip and fall accident to a manager, property owner, landlord, or other responsible party. Ask them to make a written report and obtain a copy.
- Identify witnesses. Eyewitnesses can verify your version of what happened. If your trip and fall happens at a grocery store, for example, other customers may be your best witnesses. Collect their contact information so they can be reached if needed to give statements or testify on your behalf.
- Contact a lawyer. You need to secure legal representation as soon as you can.
A skilled trip and fall attorney will be able to calculate the full extent of your losses, determine who was at fault, and present the strongest evidence possible. Don’t try to represent yourself. Allow a lawyer to handle all the complex legal matters and fight on your behalf so you can focus completely on your health and recovery.
Compensation After a Trip and Fall Accident
Trip and fall accidents cause victims to suffer a variety of injuries that may call for expensive medical treatment and a long recovery period. This can affect their ability to work and earn a sufficient living for their family. Fortunately, the law enables victims to recover compensation for these losses.
The amount of compensation to which you are entitled depends on the circumstances of your specific case. The trip and fall attorneys at The Levin Firm help clients seek compensation from the at-fault party for a variety of damages, including the following:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental anguish
Because no two trip and fall cases are alike, the compensation someone else receives for their accident may be totally different from the amount you receive. To get an idea of how much your case could be worth, talk to one of the knowledgeable Philadelphia slip and fall lawyers in The Levin Firm today.
Time Limit for Filing a Trip and Fall Accident Claim
The deadline to file a trip and fall claim is based on when your injuries occurred. In Pennsylvania, the statute of limitations states that all personal injury cases must be filed in court within two years.
For a trip and fall, or another similar personal injury, the clock starts ticking on the date of the accident. This gives your Pennsylvania trip and fall attorney a maximum of two years to investigate and draft the necessary documents and file them with the court. Times passes quickly, memories fade, and evidence has a habit of disappearing, so talking to a lawyer as quickly as possible is highly advisable.
Injuries Caused by Trips and Falls
Trip and fall victims can suffer a wide range of significant injuries. Common trip and fall injuries include the following:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Back, neck, and spine injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Hip fractures and other broken bones
- Facial injuries and disfigurement
- Torn ligaments and cartilage
- Cuts, lacerations, and bruises
- Sprains and strains
Injuries resulting from a trip and fall can have a long-term impact on your everyday life. With that in mind, it is a matter of urgency to contact a Philadelphia trip and fall lawyer if you’re suffering after one of these accidents.
How a Philadelphia Trip and Fall Lawyer Can Help
The Levin Firm has been successfully representing personal injury victims since 2005.
After you contact us, one of our compassionate Philadelphia trip and fall lawyers will take the time to listen to your story. We will then be able to provide an estimate of the compensation you may be eligible to recover. If hired to represent you, we will fight tirelessly for the full and fair compensation that you deserve.
If you have been injured in a trip and fall accident in the greater Philadelphia area, call The Levin Firm today to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation. Our attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, meaning that you pay us only if we recover money for you.
“The Levin Law Firm is amazing. They are professional, courteous and walked us through our case step by step. Could not be happier with the services provided.”
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more reviews on Google!