Fort Lauderdale Hotel and Resort Accident Lawyer
The hotel and resort industry serves as the backbone of the Fort Lauderdale economy. It provides jobs to thousands of local residents. It offers accommodations to business travelers passing through FLL airport and taking meetings in Las Olas office buildings. And, perhaps most significantly, it draws flocks of tourists to the beaches and waterways on both sides of Ocean Boulevard.
With so much activity happening in and around hotels and resorts in Fort Lauderdale, it is no surprise that accidents sometimes happen that leave individuals severely, catastrophically, and even fatally injured. Victims of those accidents deserve compensation for the harm they have suffered.
The Levin Firm can help them get it. We represent Fort Lauderdale residents, workers, and visitors who suffer injuries in preventable accidents and incidents at, around, and overseen by area hotels and resorts. Contact us online or call our Fort Lauderdale Hotel and Resort Accident Lawyers for a free consultation to explore your rights after a hotel or resort accident in Fort Lauderdale harms you or a loved one.
About the Levin Firm
The Levin Firm is a team of award-winning trial lawyers who focus their careers on fighting to obtain compensation for victims of preventable accidents that cause injuries and losses. We have represented clients who got hurt while staying, visiting, or working at hotels and resorts, including at locations in and around Fort Lauderdale.
We take pride in delivering personalized legal services tailored to meet our clients’ unique needs. We gain our clients’ trust through clear communication, responsiveness, hard work, and a relentless focus on securing them the compensation they deserve.
Common Fort Lauderdale Hotel and Resort Accident Matters We Handle
A wide array of preventable accidents and incidents can occur on and around the premises of a Fort Lauderdale hotel or resort.
At The Levin Firm, common situations for which clients can seek our help include:
- Falls at a hotel or resort property due to an unsafe property condition, such as loose carpeting, slippery floors, cracked walkways, loose railings, and uneven stairs;
- Drownings and other injuries in or around swimming pools and other bodies of water;
- Assaults and other violent crimes that harm hotel or resort workers, visitors, or guests;
- Injuries on dangerous or defective recreational equipment;
- Accidents on boats and other vessels operated by hotels and resorts;
- Accidents involving hotel or resort-operated vehicles, such as shuttle buses or golf carts; and
- Food poisoning and other dining-related mishaps.
These are just some examples of the types of scenarios that may lead to injuries at a Fort Lauderdale hotel or resort. No matter how an injury occurs, the team at The Levin Firm can help make sure victims obtain the compensation they deserve from the parties at fault.
Potential Injuries on Fort Lauderdale Hotel and Resort Premises
Just as a wide range of accidents happen at Fort Lauderdale hotels and resorts, a diverse array of severe, catastrophic, and even fatal injuries can result from those circumstances. Over our years of law practice, The Levin Firm has developed knowledge of most types of injuries, and the costs and challenges associated with them.
We put that knowledge to work for clients who have suffered:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI), such as those suffered in falls on hard surfaces like tiled floors, concrete stairs, and pool decks;
- Spinal cord injuries (SCI), also suffered in falls, as well as in boating accidents and other violent incidents;
- Burns in building fires, as well as accidental contact with open flames in recreational, dining, and commercial kitchen areas;
- Broken bones and orthopedic injuries (such as joint dislocations and torn ligaments) suffered in falls or dangerous recreational activities;
- Severe illness and other health complications from food poisoning or exposure to toxic substances or materials (such as powerful cleaning products); and
- Lacerations, bruises, and contusions in falls, assaults, and other traumatic incidents.
This is not a complete list, but it illustrates the wide range of harm that can come to workers, visitors, and guests at a Fort Lauderdale hotel or resort. Contact the team at The Levin Firm today to learn more about how we work to help secure compensation for our clients.
How The Levin Firm Helps Fort Lauderdale Hotel and Resort Accident Victims
At The Levin Firm, we put our clients’ interests first. Our goal is to see them receive the maximum compensation available for their injuries and losses. In representing injured hotel and resort accident victims in Fort Lauderdale, our team works hard to identify all parties who may owe damages to our clients and evaluate the full scope of those damages.
Identifying Legal Liability for Fort Lauderdale Hotel and Resort Accidents
One important element of almost every representation we handle involves determining who may have an obligation under Florida law to pay compensation to our injured client. As a general matter, that obligation arises whenever someone’s wrongful actions cause someone else harm.
Every case we handle differs, but in general, a Levin Firm client who suffered injuries in a hotel or resort accident in Fort Lauderdale may have the right to receive compensation from:
- A hotel property owner or operator, if an injury resulted from an unreasonably dangerous property condition the owner/operator should have fixed or warned our client about;
- A fellow guest or visitor at the property whose careless or reckless actions the accident and our client’s injury;
- The perpetrator of an assault or other violent crime against our client;
- A tour operator or other third-party service provider at the hotel or resort property who contributes to the cause of an accident;
- The manufacturer of property fixtures or equipment, if defects in those items led to an accident and injury; and
- Workers’ compensation insurance, if our client suffered injuries while working at the hotel or resort.
The team at The Levin Firm delves into the details of every hotel and resort accident case we handle to make sure we identify all parties who may have contributed to the cause of our client’s injuries.
Seeking Damages for Fort Lauderdale Hotel and Resort Accident Injuries
Victims of accidents at Fort Lauderdale hotels and resorts deserve compensation for their injuries and losses.
In a lawsuit seeking compensation for those harms, our clients may seek payment for:
- Medical costs associated with treating an injury;
- Other expenses they incurred because of the accident and their injury;
- Wages and income they did not earn, or may not earn in the future, because an injury kept them from working;
- Pain and suffering they endured because of their injury, including harm to personal relationships and diminished quality of life; and
- Sometimes, punitive damages to punish the party at-fault for the injury.
In addition, our clients who suffer injuries as workers at Fort Lauderdale hotels and resorts typically have the right to receive workers’ compensation benefits consisting of:
- Medical care for their injury;
- Temporary or permanent disability payments to replace their income while out-of-work; and
- In cases of a fatal accident, death benefits payable to family members to replace the income the deceased worker brought home.
We cannot guarantee that our clients will receive the types of compensation listed above in a hotel or resort accident case. We can, however, point to our track record of success in these cases, which may give our clients some confidence that we know how to get results in challenging cases.
Frequently Asked Questions About Fort Lauderdale Hotel and Resort Accident Cases
Individuals who seek our assistance at The Levin Firm frequently have lots of questions about their rights to compensation. Here are the answers to some of the most common of those questions.
How much is my Fort Lauderdale hotel or resort claim worth?
Every case we handle has unique financial value.
Three broad factors tend to influence that value:
- The type and extent of your injuries, which determines the cost of your medical expenses, the size of your lost wages, and the degree of your pain and suffering;
- The strength of the case your lawyer can build from the evidence available and the legal principles that determine liability; and
- The amount of money and insurance the parties who owe you damages have available with which to pay you.
The most reliable way to get an idea of the potential value of your claim is to speak with a hotel and resort accident liability attorney, like the team at The Levin Firm.
Do I need a lawyer if I got hurt at a Fort Lauderdale hotel or resort where I worked?
A lawyer can often help in getting you the money you need.
As we mentioned above, hotel and resort workers who get hurt on the job in Fort Lauderdale likely have the right to receive workers’ compensation benefits to help pay for their medical care and lost wages. In theory, workers should claim and receive full workers’ compensation benefits without the help of a lawyer. In practice, however, the claim process can get complicated, and workers’ compensation insurance companies do not always pay the full benefits workers deserve without a fight.
In addition to seeking workers’ compensation, injured workers may also have the right to sue for damages when someone other than their employer or co-worker bears the blame for their injuries.
An initial consultation with the team at The Levin Firm is always free-of-charge and confidential. Injured workers have nothing to lose by speaking with our team, and potentially lots to gain.
Can I sue a Fort Lauderdale hotel where I was assaulted, even if the perpetrator was never prosecuted?
It is possible.
Hotel owners and operators must keep their premises safe for their guests and visitors. With the help of lawyers like the team at The Levin Firm, you may have the ability to show that the hotel’s failure to provide adequate security and to take other precautions led to your falling victim to a violent crime, regardless of whether the authorities have pursued charges or secured a conviction against the perpetrator.
The Fort Lauderdale resort where I suffered injuries offered to comp my stay to make things right. Should I agree?
Not without first speaking with a hotel and resort accident injury lawyer, like a member of our team at The Levin Firm.
Many resorts have a standard policy of offering free stays, meals, and perks to guests who have a bad experience on their property. To many of us, that feels like the right thing for them to do, and in some circumstances it is.
But not always. Free accommodations and other benefits do not constitute adequate compensation for injuries you suffer because of a dangerous condition at a Fort Lauderdale resort. However, agreeing to those freebies may nevertheless put your legal rights to additional compensation at risk. A defense lawyer might try to argue that by agreeing to a free stay/meal/activity, you effectively settled your claim and waived your rights to further payment.
Do not put your rights at risk. No matter how well-intentioned a resort’s offer may seem, say no thank you to your free night’s stay and, instead, leave negotiation of compensation for your injury to an attorney.
Call Our Fort Lauderdale Hotel and Resort Accident Lawyers Today
No one goes to work at, visits, or stays at a Fort Lauderdale hotel or resort expecting to suffer a severe or catastrophic injury. But, it can happen, and when it does, securing full and fair compensation requires the skill and experience of a law firm.
The Levin Firm fights to make sure workers, visitors, and guests at hotels and resorts in Fort Lauderdale receive payment for the harm they suffer in preventable accidents and incidents. Contact our team on our website or call our Fort Lauderdale office at (954) 715-3260 for your free, confidential, no-obligation consultation about your rights and options.